ARIZONA - Staging Your Home for Sale
- Tidy up the grounds, porches, garage. Keep lawn trimmed and edged. Make sure it is clean of refuse.
- Scrub clean the front door. Your front door gives a vital first impression. Be sure it is scrubbed clean or painted if necessary.
- If any decoration is needed (especially the kitchen), do it now! $100 worth of paint may balance $500 in a price cut. Bathrooms help sell homes. Make this room sparkle.
- Keep all steps clear of hazards.
- Replace any burned out or missing light bulbs. Buyers will assume fixture needs replacing, if it doesn't work.
- Wash dishes, put away clothes, straighten up newspapers, etc.
- Make beds with attractive spreads.
- Keep pets out of the way when showing.
- Avoid having too many people present during showings. The potential buyer will feel like an intruder and will hurry through the house. Do NOT ALLOW children to tag along on the visitor's tour.
- Never apologize for appearance. It only accentuates or distracts.
- Never try to sell furniture to a customer before the deal is completed.
- Repair shutters, gutters, down spouts, and other exterior trim.
- Paint your mailbox, if necessary, and replace screens or windows in storm doors.
- Clean all the windows, both inside and out.
- Clean the blinds and recheck draperies so they hang properly.
- Paint hallways and rooms that appear worn.
- Replace badly worn carpeting and damaged tiled floors.
- Repair or replace any loose knobs, sticking doors, windows, dripping faucets, ventilating fans, and other small items.
- Remove some of your stuff! Most of us live with our closets full and often with extra furniture. Your home will sell much better if you pack up and put some of your stuff in storage. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
- Remove everything you possibly can from kitchen and bathroom counter tops.
- Open all draperies and curtains. Turn on lights.
- Turn off televisions, radio, etc. so buyers can concentrate of viewing your home.
My Home Group, LLC
110 S. Priest, Suite 101
Tempe, Arizona 85281